In the week since I signed up for the Platform-Building Crusade, I’ve already begun to see the benefits of being a part of a great initiative as this. It’s not without work, though, as there are over 200 of us participating. Here’s my progress report:
- I am now following 74 blogs and…
- …have discovered the gem that is Google Reader (thanks, Rach) to keep myself sane and organized from the flood of blog posts that had the potential to clog up my inbox.
- My twitter follows have increased by appx 60.
- My blog views have shot up from virtually none to roughly 30 per day. This is a good number as I’m a new blogger.
- I’ve CAPTCHA’d at least 60 times as I’ve left comments on each person’s blog that I’ve gotten to. Just what kind of word is kliptrif? Sounds like something I’d pick up at IKEA.
- I’m seriously considering reviving 12 Days, my short-story attempt from December. Instead, it will now be a work-in-progress (WIP)
- I’ve picked up new acronyms…like WIP.
- I’ve learned how to build a twitter following (courtesy of Raquel Byrnes)
- I’ve learned that in Tennessee, it’s against the law to drive while sleeping. (courtesy of Jeanne Kraus)
That is all… 🙂