As part of the promo and marketing of the novella, I’ve been requesting reviews. For the most part, I’ve had a favorable response to reviewers wanting to read it. Now I’m waiting for those reviews to come back; the reviewer’s thoughts posted and public. And of course, I’m full of questions about them. I understand that reviews, at least the ones I’m requesting, are honest and that they are opinions. One reviewer’s thoughts could be vastly different from another. Still, this is part of the process of putting myself and my book out there and I would be telling a tall tale if I said the process doesn’t make me nervous.
So, for my published writer buddies, what has your experience been like? What was your process/strategy in the requesting of a review? Do you read them? How do you (or how would you) handle a less than favorable one? Would you re-post them on your site/blog?
- A Novel Natter: Does a Book Blog Need Reviews? (mynovelopinion.wordpress.com)
- 2014 Challenge – now open (australianwomenwriters.com)
- Reviews or Bashing? (jmelby74.wordpress.com)
- Discussion: Do Reviews Affect Your Book Buying Decisions? (jfridgleyblog.com)
- Authors – QUIT Doing This! #PubTip #EBBA (e-bookbuilders.com)